April 9, 2011

Altered Picture Frame

Subway art has become really popular and I wanted to see if I could create something with that in mind using another hobby I have: reading/books. I really enjoyed pushing my creative side a little more than normal (not to mention thankful that my boys let me get it done in time for the DT call). Lots of my favorite products were used on this too. Here's a little peek into how I work. Notice the Root Beer? When I am working late at night (you know late, 9:30/10:00 pm LOL) I like to have it to keep my energy up. I've also got my newest fav in the glue department (Helmar's stuff it GOOD and YMH is selling it now. Gotta love Kristina cause she knows how to pick the good ones). You can even see a little peek of the little bird I created.

And this is the final product of the layer corner I created. Squeal! I am so happy with how it turned out. The flowers are Prima and the little sprig is from a Prima vine that again I had left over from a Live with Prima kit (gotta love how you end out with extra goodies to play with after creating their projects). I was able to achieve me depth using Helmar's Scrapdots. That really is an amazing product cause I get to control the height I need and I can put gloop it on big or small. I thought the corner need a little something more so I created a little book banner using a PTI die. I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain to continue with the color theme. I also wanted to create a visual triangle with the blue and white so I had to take two white flowers and spray them with TA's Blue Sky GM. The frame is raised off the dictionary page and then that is raised at the top with the Scrapdots and slopes down where I used the 450 quick dry to glue the bottom half down directly to the frame. I really like the effect it gave.

And finally here is my final project. The sticky back canvas was sprayed using Ranger's Color Wash in Lettuce and they sprayed over in TA's Meadow (I think) Glimmer Mist. I chose green because I made me think of the leaves in a tree and since I was using a branch it made since to me. I then sponged the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Everything was glued to the canvas using the 450 Quick Dry. I hope you enjoyed the project and the little peek into my thought process in creating a project.